Everyone needs a good go-to spot for a quick and tasty meal after working late or when they’re in a hurry. Fortunately, for residents of the Melia Medical Center community, the Gyro King food truck is just 5 minutes away, offering a perfect Mediterranean meal in no time.
Gyro King serves Mediterranean cuisine that brings savory Eastern fare together with Texas flavors. Gyro King uses only fresh vegetables and hand-seasoned meat grilled on the spot. Here’s why it’s a must-visit food truck:
The Main Dishes
Gyro King offers chicken, lamb, seafood (tilapia or shrimp), and falafel dishes. Falafel is a Middle Eastern fritter made from spiced chickpeas rolled into balls and deep-fried. You can usually find it served with pita bread, hummus, and tahini. Here are some favorites from Gyro King:
- Gyro: This original Greek dish is made from meat cooked on a large, vertical rotisserie. In Greece, the meat is generally pork or chicken, but outside of Greece, vendors often use beef, veal, or lamb. The meat is wrapped in flatbread, like pita, and served with tomato, onion, and a yogurt-based sauce. Gyro King’s specialty sauces are red and white, and they’re so good, some people return just for the sauce!
- Platters: Meat over rice. This sounds basic, but when you taste your chosen delicacy, you’ll find that there’s nothing basic about the flavor. You definitely want to taste your platter smothered in one of the specialty sauces. Combine the red and white sauces, for—as one patron described it—a “creamy and rich, somewhat-spicy-but-not-too-hot deliciousness.” It’s a generous, fresh and filling meal.
- Salad: These are not your average salads, and they come with a heaping helping of your favorite meat ladled over chopped lettuce. Your choice of sauce completes the dish.
For vegetarians, the falafel is served any way you like it: over rice, as a salad, or as a sandwich.
In addition to their delicious food, Gyro Kings also offer unique natural juices such as:
- Apple with kale, celery, and lemon
- Apple with beets, carrots, celery, ginger, and orange
- Apple with cucumber, parsley, ginger, lime, and celery
You can even get juice with jalapeño for a real pop!
Call (832) 618-4891 to order ahead of time, or drop by and order directly from the bright yellow food truck. Hours are from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 12:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Sundays.
If you’d like to hear about other great eateries in the area, contact us. We’ll also be happy to tell you all about the amenities our community has to offer.Back to all posts